I feel like dedicating a blog to a few things I'm grateful for.
My Thankful List.
One, because I just need to reflect on some positive given the events of the last day or so and two, because even though I can be quite the pessimist, I also do appreciate things.
1. I'm thankful that I found a new job in a place where I feel respected, appreciated, trusted, important and a part of the team. I was so unhappy at my last place of employment and I was so scared of change for so long. But, luck be it, I happened to stumble upon a better opportunity with better benefits and a better work environment. I wake up everyday ( yes, even the days I don't really want to get out of bed ) happy to be able to work with the people I do. And although I have some personal stuff to work through, I love my job and I love my coworkers and I wouldn't want to work with any other group of people!
2. I'm SO thankful for Nathan. He loves me despite my shortcomings. He understands that no one is perfect and cares for me even when it may be hard to. He works so hard so that we can have a comfortable life together and, even on days when I don't appreciate him as much as I should, he still loves me. He's easy to get along with and he's so caring; he would do anything he physically could to help someone. He is seriously my best friend--and I actually like sharing things with him. I tell him pretty much everything. I've never had that before. Sometimes I just don't know how to react to it because it's so foreign.
3. I'm thankful for new friendships, and mended friendships from the past. Some people drift and fall to the wayside, but that doesn't automatically mean that you stop caring for them. Meeting people like Ellen and Kyla have brought more laughter to my life, and reuniting with old friends like Amber is so very nice. We are growing and changing everyday, and we have the choice to be who we were meant to be if only we go that path. So the person you may have known years ago could be totally different now, if only you take the time to see.
4. I'm thankful for another morning. I'm thankful that I woke up and the sun was shining and, even though I barely got 5 hours of sleep, I. WOKE. UP. Some people don't have the luxury to say that.
5. I'm thankful for my sister. Even though she can be a pain in the ass sometimes, and we are total opposites, she knows me on a deeper level than any friend or boyfriend ever has. It's a bond that cannot be compared. We've lived the same childhood but experienced it different. Our past has molded us in its own way. But we have a mutual understanding. We get it. She gets me. And even though she is outspoken and says what's on her mind ( to a fault sometimes ), I know if something has really hurt me or I really need help, she's there. She's my sister; she's my blood. I love her.
I'm going to keep it at just these five for today. Along with lack of sleep, I also have a headache...but I was itching to write a blog all day today.
Every now and then, just think of about half a dozen things that you are truly thankful for and ask yourself, "Why?" Center yourself and just take a step back: there are a lot of bad people in this world, but if you appreciate the good ones...those people don't matter so much anymore.